2005 TITOLO Elena Fucci (2005)

2005 TITOLO Elena Fucci (2005)

Postby Garagiste » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

2005 TITOLO Elena Fucci (2005)-- Please keep the discussion on topic. Off topic posts will be moved or deleted.
Garagiste

Re: 2005 TITOLO Elena Fucci (2005)

Postby Cliff » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 am

I finally got around to pulling to cork on this a week or so ago. The material is definitely strong: scorched black fruits, coffee, with a strong iron spine and considerable tanins. It's inching up to my modernist threshold without crossing over.
Cliff

Postby dbp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 am

• 2005 Elena Fucci Aglianico del Vulture Titolo - Italy, Basilicata, Aglianico del Vulture (12/22/2009)
    Decanted two and a half hours. Small scale nose, but one of good depth. Smells black of volcanic rock. Aromas of crushed graphite, briar, an imaginary blend of a blueberry and a blackberry (but really neither in whole), dried rose petals, and very slightly herbal, with a hint of rock salt. I wish the volume was turned up a bit on this, as it's quite pretty, just light in size. Palate entry includes quite pretty light (in scale) dark berries, and is very pure and soft despite the massive tannins which very quickly begin to dominate the palate. Upon swallowing the palate is dominated by tannins, but those actually begin to pull back, like a cover over a painting, as layers of floral, light berry, and rock shed one by one, despite the very dry mouth. This has no rough edges and fantastic balance. It is too young to consume today, but enjoyment is still plentiful. I'll likely attempt to hold the others for at least two to three years. This is exactly the kind of wine I wanted to pop tonight for (no, not with) dinner. Surprisingly, this was at its best when I first started drinking it. On day two it wasn't quite as complex, with the structure and tannin taking over the nuance. Score is for day 1. (91 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

David
dbp

Postby wine muser » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 am

*** (90pts) Elena Fucci, Titolo, Basilicata, Aglianico del Vulture, 2005: A rustic southern Italian charmer. Lovely, big boned aglianico notes of bright, effusive raspberry and cherry, crushed slate, Malabar pepper, licorice root. Eucalyptus. Expansive palate, enormous finish. The Sofia Loren of wines. Give this time and food.
wine muser

Return to Garagiste Offers