2006 VELVET SLEDGE Shiraz

Postby Garagiste » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

2006 VELVET SLEDGE Shiraz -- Please keep the discussion on topic. Off topic posts will be moved or deleted.
Garagiste

Re: 2006 VELVET SLEDGE Shiraz

Postby egath » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Dark, brooding, plumish with heat. Strongly tannish at the front end, that faded with an hour of air. Not bad though. Next day it was smoother, fruitier. Definitely needs a decant, but has great promise if it evens out.
egath

Re: 2006 VELVET SLEDGE Shiraz

Postby egath » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Blackberry nose and the brooding nature of the earlier bottle has now softened bringing out the blackberry flavors, but this softening has also allowed the alcohol to come into prominence, resulting in a very very hot, even burning feel, that fortunately fades after 10 seconds into a nice long (30+ second) berry fruit and tea(?) finish. Went back to the bottle to check and, oh yes, 15.8%. I think I did not get the alcohol heat on the first bottle because the fruits were so dense and the tannins so harsh. It is certainly drinkable, and if you like the big style (I generally do) it is even good, but at $19 and too hot (which I do not like), maybe a pass. Cool and accurate name though.
egath

Return to Garagiste Offers