2009 CRUET Idylle

Re: 2009 CRUET Idylle

Postby cgomezmoreno » Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 am

What's up with the closures on this? I've got a mix of both natural and synthetic "cork".

OK, I admit I initially got some of the 2008 which was later switched for the 2009 when Garagiste didn't have the 2008. Maybe that explains it? But it was all shipped together! Maybe pulled from the same case? I don't understand! And I really wish I had known as I would have started with the synthetic and let the ones with natural cork age for a little. Now I'm down to just one under natural.

Nothing wrong with the itself. It's deliciously refreshing! But I thought the one under natural cork was maybe a bit more open (?). But that's from memory, it wasn't a side by side comparison.
cgomezmoreno

Postby Bojest » Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I don't know about the closure, but I just happened to try this wine yesterday for the first time. LOVED it! Very light bodied and a Meyer lemon finish that lasts about 30 seconds. It was just, plain yummy. I served it with turkey burgers but it was fine all by itself. I will horde my remaining two bottles. BTW, I pulled the cork and left it in the fridge for about 8 hours before serving it. The offer suggested it would be even better the second day. I will never know. I DO know this was a steal at $10.
Bojest

Postby cgomezmoreno » Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am

@Bojest, do you remember if your bottle was under plastic or natural cork? Are all the bottles you got the same?

Cheers!
cgomezmoreno

Postby Bojest » Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Honestly, I didn't pay attention and I am sure the cork is long gone. My remaining two bottles look the same...same label, vintage (2009) etc. Not really keen on pulling the foil back to check the closure. If it was synthetic cork, it had no adverse affect on the wine, as far as I can tell. I'll make a mental note to check the closure on it when I open the next bottle.
Bojest

Return to Garagiste Offers