Vote for 2010 holiday charity recipients.

Vote for 2010 holiday charity recipients.

Postby Jon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:09 pm

As it is holiday time and a time to reflect on the year, Garagiste will donate a pool of funds to ten select charities as chosen by you, our customer base. Please list one charity of your choice below – one vote per Email List member. We will count all of the votes on Dec 24th and the ten most requested charities will receive an equal disbursement from our 2010 donation pool. When voting for your charity, you do not need to give an explanation – if it is important to you, it is important enough for us to consider it.

Propose your charity by posting a reply below.
Jon
Garagiste Admin

Re: Vote for 2010 holiday charity recipients.

Postby cmtiencken » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 am

I would like to vote for Book-It Repertory Theatre in Seattle, Washington. Book-It is dedicated to transforming great literature into great theatre through simple and sensitive productions and inspiring audiences to read. Book-It is all about literacy and the arts. Book-It has a huge education program where they adapt children's literature to the stage and tour to schools, libraries and community centers throughout the northwest encouraging students to get excited about reading. It seems to me that these paintings of children painted on newspaper fit perfectly into Book-It's idea of promoting literacy. That's is my vote- you can go to www.book-it.org to find out more about Book-It.
cmtiencken

Postby Ken Schramm » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:22 pm

The American Red Cross. They don't ask questions, they just get to the hard work that must be done.
Ken Schramm

Postby murphjj3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:01 pm

I'd like to register a vote for Admission Possible. They are not local to Seattle, but I think they have a spirit that the well-educated citizens of Seattle will appreciate. They are a 10-year old organization in Minneapolis/St. Paul dedicated to helping low-income high school students prepare for and earn admission to college by providing four critical services:
* ACT and SAT test preparation classes
* Intensive guidance in preparing college applications
* Financial aid assistance
* Resources for the transition to college
They currently serve some 5000 students each year in Minnesota and Wisconsin and have an astonishing 98% college acceptance track record over their history. The organization was recently praised by President Obama as an example of an innovative service organization making a difference in their community.

They also have the best name ever for a charitable organization!
http://admissionpossible.org/

John Murphy
murphjj3

Return to Wine Talk