Lyle Fass – Word on the Street - 6-4-09; Top Ten Producers

Re: Lyle Fass – Word on the Street - 6-4-09; Top Ten Producers

Postby Lyle Fass » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:20 am

Conseillante is great. I actually visited the estate once and it was my favorite visit in Pomerol along with VCC. Very mellow people and when I got here they were racking with a candle, which at the time I thought was pretty cool. We were tasting the 02's out of barrel that time and we also tasted 2000 (mind-bending wine) and the 2001 which was just outta sight too.
Lyle Fass

Re: Lyle Fass – Word on the Street - 6-4-09; Top Ten Producers

Postby brian » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:13 am

As with others, a list that likely changes daily...

Lopez de Heredia-just love their devotion to producing classic rioja and their wines love em or hate em are always fascinating experiences.

Musar- Again love the devotion and passion to make such beautiful wine in such a politically turbulent part of the World. Wines are stunningly complex and unique.

Clape, Cornas-Have not had tons of these but was just stunned by a bottle last week that got him on my list. Wild and changing in the glass with amazing freshness...just stunning.

Descombes-As many others have said, huge depth. love the savory character most of his wines bring to compliment the fruit.

Roagna-Mostly as I have to include something from N italy and have more experience with these than others. Classic in style and great value in Barbaresco.

Wish I had more experience with tracking producers from year to year in Burg. and Champagne to include some more but thats it for now
brian

Previous

Return to Speaker’s Corner